Oh to be such a lady!

Monday, September 12, 2011

You know you are a nanny when.

So tonight while I was at FHE I got a voicemail. This voicemail was a sweet little mom asking about her sons poo today. YES his poo, he has been having allergies, so they cut milk out to see if that was the reason for his upset stomache. So she gave me a call asking me how her sons diaper was. Yep that is how my voicemails tend to be. (If you are groessed out by this sorry, I am groessed out changing diapers I just deal with it.) You deffinately know when you tend to much when you get voicemails from mothers asking how their sons bowel movements were.
You also know your a nanny when.... You have stuffed animals and toys in your bed you trip on toys going up the stairs. And you can't go to the restroom without the question of "what are you doing in there?"   You loose your voice from reading books out loud. Your attention span starts getting as short as the kids you care for. The question you answer most is the good ole question "why" (goodness I am so sick of that question). 
The most common phrases you hear are things like this.....
* "your mean"
*"can I sit on your lap?"
*"can you help me with homework?" (this can happen at anytime even at 6:30 AM)
*"when I grow up"
*"when I was a baby"
*"can you button my pants"
*"can you take me to the park"
* "Hold my hand"
* "I am scared can I sleep in your bed?"
Be warned future nannies out there!! Haha just kidding!!
 caring for children is a wonderful thing, I feel so much better prepared for when I am a mom. I feel like I have learned patience, and understanding.  I love being needed and giving others what they can't give themselves yet.  I love getting to know the kid and finding out his/her personality, and what works best for them.  I love teaching, and seeing a child finally learn something!! ( way too adorable how excited they can get).
I love that I am relearning to forgive as a child does. I am grateful that I am learning to slow down and listen to others concerns.  I love that when I am sleepy its ok if I say dumb things because kids don't need to have an intelligent conversation with me (thank goodness for that).  I am so grateful the Scriptures teach us to become as little children. They teach me things everyday!!!  Today while tending some kids the four year old bit the three year old HARD!!! and she came to me for some comfort.  . But this sweet little girl forgave him!! she just hugged him and said it was ok. While she was a little more cautious around him, she had no harsh feelings. I love these lessons we learn!!!!
Todays lesson and goal is to work on forgiveness!!! Christ atoned for ALL our sins!!! He made it possible for us to repent for what we did and improve. He did this for me and EVERYONE!!!  Children are so good at accepting and forgiving. We can all follow their example in this!  We are all imperfect. So we all should be able to be quickly to forgive, and understand that we all make mistakes!!!! (This is easier said then done I know)  But don't you love that??? thinking we all have our own issues to improve!!! It makes life interesting, it gives us character.  It helps us learn to be sympathetic, and confident. Confidence comes from hard work and improvement I think.
Of course everything I say is my opinion. I am not sure who will read this, but I like putting these thoughts down for me to look back on and remember.
Love Clancy

No comments:

Post a Comment