Oh to be such a lady!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Best Friends!!

Best friends are a wonderful thing! They are so much fun and you can build such great memories with them!! As time changes people change and so do situations. A lot of my best friends have gotten married, or I no longer live near them, but they are still so important to me. I wish nothing but the best for them! And I love hearing what they are up to!! Of course I love hearing from all people! But I especially love hearing from those that I have built a great foundation of friendship with.
I love when I am with my best friends. I love laughing with them, and doing crazy fun things you only do around the people you are most comfortable with. I love inside jokes. I also love and am so grateful for the fact that me and my friends urge eachother to be better. Thats what a friend is, somone who encourages you to reach your full potential. I feel like I am a better person because of the great influences of my friends. I am so glad that I have had friends to talk to and go to when I needed help. I love having friends that you hang out with all the time, even when you just go on errands or are studying. Somehow you can make things enjoyable because you enjoy your time together.
I have been thinking about that a lot lately. Being a new place you tend to really miss people who have been in your life.  I miss hanging out with my friends late at night into the early morning. I miss the kind of friends that can sit and watch a movie with you and quote it. I miss the kind of friends that when they haven't seen you even just a couple days call and text you to hang out or to check up on you. I miss having best friends nearby. Or I guess I miss being near my best friends.
Seeing other people with their best friends can make me feel pretty lonely. Its hard jumping into a new situation and making new best friends. Heck it is sometimes hart just making friends!! its scary to invite people to hang out to strike up the conversation. You risk the possibility of rejection, but you also give yourself the oppertunity to make some wonderful friends!!!
We are so blessed to have friends on this earth. We all need good friends, best friends. Everyone needs those special in people in life for support. Not only for support but for fun times and good memories! I hope everyone tries to be friends with everyone. Give people a chance, if you don't you may be missing out on something very special.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!! Yes, everyone does need friends! Reminds me of Michael McLean's song, "Be That Friend"...and you are a very good friend, indeed!

    ReplyDelete