Oh to be such a lady!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Events

Oh so many thoughts running through my head, with nothing in particular to say I thought I would just share my thoughts, my happenings and all that la dee da stuff.

*Ok, this weekend. Friday tended for a couple hours that was fun we went to the park and hid in bushes. Why were we in bushes? because we were hiding from "bad guys." No worries we got rid of them, just threw a bunch of bombs at them (pinecones.)
I then went to the mall for a bit to unsuccesful shop hmmmm. I then went and picked up this great gal Jozel so we could go to Wal Mart and pick up a card for another great gal going on a mission. Awesome enough we ran into my sister, brother in law and niece!!! That was great! I love seeing familiar people in unfamiliar places! and also I just love seeing people I LOVE!
Jozel and I then proceeded or are missionary friends farewell party (maybe a little/lot late). After that a bunch of us went to a stake dance, we only got to about an hour of that because we were late. Which I am totally fine with because my dancings skills are NOT skills they are more like a freaky nightmare or maybe a comedy a pathetic comedy. It was still fun though, I know how to be a good sport! I got home at around two AM, grabbed my purse upside down so all the contents fell out. The hard thing about this situation is that I don't have lights in the car so I had to feel around in the dark. This sorta got me freaked out.

*Ok, friday nights events were very fun!! Saturday was more relaxed I just stayed home. I then went to a relief society service project and dinner with my sister. Then we listened to the relief society broadcast. So So nice!!! The choir was excellent, I felt the spirit so stronly through the music. My favorite speaker was Elder Uchdorf, he gave a wonderful talk on five very important steps. I don't remember each step so I won't tell you what they are. But he talked about the flowers "Forget me Nots" he used them as a metaphor throughout his talk. One of my favorite things he talked about was enjoying the "now" He talked about making the wait for our Golden ticket (Willy Wonka reference) an enjoyable one. He talked about not being grudging if you don't get exactly what you want, if your ideals weren't perfect.  Overall a good Saturday!!

I am so glad it was a busy weekend! I love being busy. But I also enjoy a quiet moment or two, like part of the day today was mellow. It gave me time to gather my thoughts and take a moment to myself. I think it is important to be busy and know what your boundaries are and when to take a rest!!! I am getting to that point pretty quick here!! I had a late night, and an early morning, and a busy week!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment