Oh to be such a lady!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Love affair with music!!

So this week I learned how to post videos from youtube onto facebook. Such a proud moment in my life!! When I figured this out I wanted to share some music I love, so I dug into the youtube videos and found myself getting that thrill I feel everytime I hear a good song!! Oh how I love music!! I love all kinds of music, Piano, broadway, classical (some), pop, Indie, ANY genres really!!!
Its amazing the emotions music can stir up inside of me, and I am sure for others aswell. You have your workout music, cry music, happy, or excited music. I know you all know what I am talking about! I am so glad there is music on this earth! I cannot imagine not having music in my life. Sometimes I wish I had background  music to my life, sorta like in the movies. I think it would make life so much more interesting!
Last night I had to oppertunity to play the piano at church, just for fun. It was so so nice!!! I miss playing the piano. I love sitting there and looking at these fantastic notes people had written down and turned into amazing pieces of music! I am pretty shy about playing the piano for people, because I know I am not as good as I want to be. I compare myself so much to all those fantastic piano players out there.
Comparing = BAD habit, I really need to get rid of!! It blocks my self confidence, and my ability to grow and advance myself. ANYWAYS, I  got over that and played around my friend which was great. It was nice to show my very simple talent, but a talent that I worked VERY hard for. I taught myself how to play the piano (something I'll always be grateful for) and so it was fun to show what I had learned from hard practice and discipline.
 I am so impressed everyday by the talents people have and share with people. It is so humbling to see others and their gifts that they have. I am so grateful for technology, because I can research and look up beautiful music.  I love that when I am very much needing to hear certain music I can look it up and listen to it. I need this for emotional comfort, or because I am excited and music seems the only thing to express what I am feeling!!
OH MUSIC, MUSIC MUSIC!!!! how I LOVE it!!!! We are so blessed to be able to have something so wonderful in our lives!!! I know Heavenly Father blessed us with the gift of music. He knew we needed it! But this also puts us in a responsible place, because he has blessed us with something so great. Our responsibilty is to use it for good things, and in good ways. I know I am not perfect at this AT all, but I do try to avoid music with innappropriate languages and bad messages. On sundays I try to listen to good and uplifting music so that I can really feel the spirit.
I am so very THANKFUL for you music, its like the song from ABBA "So I say,thank you for the music, for giving it to me." So true that is!!!
I hope you all go out and listen to some great songs today!!
Love Clancy

No comments:

Post a Comment